Friday 13 November 2009

Staycation?

Not sure I like that term, but it's been a good week all the same - yesterday we went to Anglesey Abbey and walked along by Quy Water in a nice circular route before driving up to Horningsea for lunch at the Crown and Punchbowl.

Today I met up with H in town and we went to Charlie Chan for dim sum, which I've not done before in Cambridge - the last time I had dim sum was in San Francisco over 10 years ago. I also managed to find a Linux magazine with a live CD that I can use to rescue the data from my old Win XP box. I'm hoping the shiny new PC will come soon (please Mesh) and we can get everything transferred. At the moment I'm using my work laptop, which is a bit annoying, as I don't want to start downloading mail or installing non-approved applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment