Sunday 21 December 2008

Welcome to my new blog

Hi, welcome to my new blog here on blogspot. It may seem a bit odd to go from self hosting to using a blogging service, but I have two main reasons: one is that I got into blogging to learn a bit about web software, rss, etc. and I think blogging is now sufficiently commoditized that it doesn't make sense for me to continue to manage my own blog on my site when I could host it for free on blogger - blog posts are the perfect example of content that should be held in "the cloud".

Also, I think that re-booting the blog will give me some more impetus to post a bit more.

In the meantime, I'm importing all the content from my old blog. This might take a while, as there's about 4 years worth, so I'm doing it through the monthly archives (having not found a neat way to export from WP into Blogger). So far I've got 2003 done, so I'll make a start on 04 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment