Saturday 7 March 2009

Furthermore: December 2007

December 17, 2007



Busy Week


I managed to go out a few times last week - I met Chris on Monday evening for a quick drink in The Brook - I’ve lent him our stair-gates as he was about to buy one.



Thursday was our work Christmas meal. We went to the University Arms for lunch, which was good, then onto Revolution, which was bad in my opinion, particularly as we ended up on the roof (sorry, Vodka Terrace) which was freezing cold. After that the party split, and I ended up going to The Maypole, and then a curry at The Maharajah (which I don’t think I’ve been to since 199x.


Friday I met up with Ian and we went to The Blue, and then The Salisbury, where we met Clare and some of her work colleagues. I felt fine after the work do, but I was a bit rough on Saturday morning.


I finally managed to fit my new car battery on Sunday, after Ian had tipped me off to the existence of socket sets with extension arms. For some reason this idea had never occurred to me, so I had no idea what to try to buy to undo the retaining nut.


I’ve had today off, so H and I went to The Wrestlers for lunch (E tried a bit of the mild Panang curry, and liked it). I’ve been working in the garden and trying to cut back the wild growth of the summer. Unfortunately that means I now have a huge pile of branches and thorny stuff. Bonfire maybe? It would be a big one!


Back to work for a final burst tomorrow. I’m feeling a bit frustrated with my current project - ie, the last bit isn’t going very well. Oh well, perhaps I’ll have more luck this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment