Saturday 9 May 2009

May Update

Looks like it's quite a while since I wrote anything, so here goes with a quick update:
  • swimming - I had another lesson, and I was able to do some full lengths swimming independently. I think a couple more should do it, and I need to work on being able to float and try going in a pool where I'm out of my depth.
  • running - I've been doing gentle runs with walk breaks (1 min in 5 or so) every weekend, and so far no problems, so I'm going to start doing a run in the morning during the week again.
  • last week or so I've had a nasty cold - felt quite grim + sinus pain - ugh. Seem to be over it now, but it was annoying to get it just when I was having a day off. Still I managed to go out with E and visit the Museum of Zoology, which I'd never managed to do before. They have a fantastic collection of skeletons of all kinds of animals - including whales, elephant, rhino etc. Went back to work on Friday to discover over 200 unread mails.
  • I'm going to see Morrissey next week at the Corn Exchange. I saw him last year at the O2 festival in Hyde Park, which was great, so I'm really looking forward to it. As luck would have it, I just completed 5 years at my current job, so they gave me some Amazon vouchers, which I've used to buy the last two albums (among other things). Ringleader... didn't do that much for me, but I really like Years of Refusal - particularly All You Need is Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment