Sunday 17 May 2009

Morrissey at Cambridge Corn Exchange

Went to see Morrissey last night with my friends Ian and Clare. It was a really good gig, and we managed to get very near to the front (with all the squashing and jostling that entails). There's a set list here - pleased to see quite a few Smiths songs in there + quite a few more recent crowdpleasers.

There was a little incident when someone heckled Julia Riley after Moz gave her a birthday shout-out. Moz asked him to leave, and when he didn't really want to, Boz Boorer came over and gave him what looked like a pretty good line in verbal abuse, after which he went. To be honest I don't see how he could have done otherwise really - I doubt Morrissey fans are quite up to the standards of the Hell's Angels at the Isle of Wight festival, but I don't think I'd want to be surrounded by them when you've just pissed off the main man and his biggest fan in the middle of a concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment