Saturday 28 February 2009

Furthermore: February 2007

February 4, 2007




100 miles


I did 20 miles on Saturday, in just over 3 hours 30. I think that takes me to just over 100 miles run so far this year. Conditions were good on Saturday though - I did the same route as for the 17 mile run, but I just added on a couple of loops of the science park, and a wrong turning to make it up to 20 miles. Definitely more aches and pains on this run though - my right ankle started to twinge, and every walk break I had to stop and rotate it a few times to get it feeling right again.


For some reason the big psychological hurdle for me was the 17 mile run - maybe because I hadn’t run so far before. Ironically that went very well, but this one was much harder. I definitely got some kind of second wind towards the end though - I felt tired, but my form imroved, and I was able to run strongly to the finish.



Next long run though, I have to find some more places for comfort breaks!




Cotto


It was my birthday yesterday, so Mrs F and I went out to Cotto for dinner. It was fantastic. We got off to a slightly shaky start, as we were greeted by a woman who looked at us in a sort of “what do you want?” way, until we said we had reservations, at which she rather directed us upstairs. Anyway, the food was really nice - I had a salad with stilton, and then mackerel with a dhal. H had pork rillette and then a tagine of lamb. All really full of flavour. They were able tweak the dishes slightly to cater for H’s dairy intolerance (always a good sign), and they even had a dessert she could eat. Fairly expensive (~?80) but I’d definitely go again for a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment