Saturday 28 February 2009

Furthermore: June 2007

June 21, 2007



Runs this week


Tuesday - 27.10


Thursday - 26.45 - below 27 minutes for the first time.




June 14, 2007



Runs this week


Tuesday - 28.30 - not bad, particularly as I had to stop for a minute to check something.


Thursday - 27.16 - best time yet. Maybe next week I can beat the 27 min barrier.



Mrs F has also started running again, and seems to be enjoying it so far.




June 13, 2007



I can has a car?


(sorry). We’ve bought a shiny new-to-us Skoda Octavia. It’s a real joy to drive compared to the Citroen - much quieter (petrol rather than diesel), more powerful, and oh yes it’s an automatic. Neither of us had tried one before, but we both immediately took to it - I feel like driving a manual is a peculiar kind of practical joke that’s been played on me - why would I want to be constantly fiddling with the clutch and gears when the car can do it all for me?




June 10, 2007


Looking for a new car


The Citroen has finally reached the point of being more expensive to fix than to replace, so I went out on Saturday to look at some potential replacements. I saw two Mondeos, and a Skoda Octavia - the latter looks promising, so I brought Mrs F along today to have a go. I’m going to take tomorrow off and we’ll check out a couple more Octavias before we make a decision.



If anyone wants a K reg Citroen ZX to run into the ground (it still goes okay) then get in touch.




June 5, 2007



Tuesday Run


27m30 - I think that’s about a minute better than last week.




June 4, 2007


Le Weekend



Quick roundup on running - didn’t go Thursday as I played 5-a-side at work on Wednesday and it pulled muscles I don’t normally use. Saturday I seemed to be a bit off form - I started off well but I was well over 1h08 by the time I got home. I think I was a bit distracted by various things, and also it was a lot hotter than it has been lately, so maybe I was getting a bit dehydrated.


Apart from that it was a pretty good weekend - I managed to do some good work in the garden edging and weeding, I started looking at my new book (Wilmott Introduces Quantitative Finance) - so far it seems much more user-friendly than Hull, and I played with the girls and generally had a good time.



Annoyingly, the car now seems to be slightly broken - the rear suspension isn’t right, so that’s yet another thing to add to the list of stuff that must be fixed, along with dripping taps and leaking roofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment