Saturday 28 February 2009

Furthermore: July 2007

July 19, 2007



Kitchen


After many false starts, it looks like our new kitchen is finally going ahead next week. We were originally going to do a big extension, but we eventually decided against it after finding it wouldn’t add any value to the house (and we might want to move to get more space at some point, or if they put bus lanes on Perne Road). So now we’re just moving the loo from the back of the house to be off the hall, and the kitchen to the back so it will face into the garden. Builders should be coming next Wednesday or Thursday - I’ll let you know how we get on.



Another good run this morning btw - 26.29.




July 17, 2007



Things


Went up to visit my parents over the weekend - we were all going to go, but then dad had a fall and broke his pubic bone (very painful apparently, although you can still move about). Since he’s a bit frail now anyway he had to spend some time in a home before mum could get him back to their house (hopefully he’s back today). Anyway, it didn’t seem fair on the girls for them to have to just sit with me and mum and dad all Saturday and Sunday, so I went up on my own. It was nice to be able to spend some time with them both - just a shame about the circumstances. I’ve brought back a big load of their old photos which I’m going to try to put into some kind of order.


This was also the first time on a long journey in the new car - ahh, so much easier to drive. Faster, much more powerful - the kickdown is really good fun. For some reason, this was also the first time I missed the turn-off towards Newark and Lincoln so I had to go on a bit of a loop to get back to where I should have been.


I took Monday off, which was a good break. I ran this morning before work - 26.40, so that’s another best time.



July 13, 2007


Bit of a catch up


Let’s think, last weekend I took the girls to the Big Day Out - great fun. L went on the bouncy slide and bouncy castle. E tried to have a go on the bouncy castle but it was too big for her. We had ice cream, and then the girls had a go on the roundabout. H was feeling poorly that day, so I went out in the evening (instead of her I mean) to meet Jay for her birthday. Met some interesting people.



Started running again in the week after feeling ill with colds and general blocked-up nose stuff. Thursday I got back to 26.49 so hopefully I can get that down further next week.


This weekend I’m off to see my parents in Lincoln. Dad’s not well after a fall, so hopefully I can cheer him up a bit with some stuff from the girls - I have a very cute video of E saying “hello Grandpa”. It’s my first chance to take the new car on a long journey too.

No comments:

Post a Comment