Saturday 28 February 2009

Nearly done

I'm nearly up to date with transferring posts from Furthermore - just the end of 07 and 08 to go + a few longer pieces that I want to maybe re-work a bit. I seem to be quite busy at the moment with work and home projects - I'm building a raised bed so we can grow some veggies, and we're just starting work on packing stuff up so we can re-do the dining room.

Running is on hold again due to more knee problems, but I have finally booked a swimming lesson, so I'm hoping that with a bit of help I can get some confidence in the water and then I can mix and match swimming in with running so I can do some exercise when my knee needs a break.

I've been fiddling with various tasks on the PC this morning, and surfing youtube while I'm doing it. I stumbled on various covers of Smiths songs - there are a couple by Jeff Buckley, which were interesting, but the recording quality is bad. Muse have done Please Let Me Get What I Want but while it's quite original, I can only agree with the commenter who labelled it an unpleasant surprise. My favourite of the day is this Radiohead cover of The Headmaster Ritual. I wasn't a big fan of Meat is Murder but seeing someone else do this song with a little bit of a harder edge really makes it stand out for me:

No comments:

Post a Comment